Last night I encountered my second Food Network star when JT and I went to an interview and Q&A session with Ina Garten, aka “the Barefoot Contessa,” aka my favorite chef to watch at 12:30, 4:00, and 4:30 every day. Ina is the glowing person shape on the right side in the pic above. She covered a lot of topics from food policy to responsible eating to her career in DC as a nuclear policy analyst.
- She’s a fan of House of Cards
- She doesn’t cook for herself during the week
- She’s having a competition that if you can really get creative and dress up her line of frozen dinners, you can win a trip to NYC and a dinner with her—- NEW LIFE GOAL
- She and T Swift will have an upcoming Food Network special
- She doesn’t like cilantro and isn’t a big chocolate fan (these are lowlights)
Now I have one of her signed cookbooks; I’m ready to get after it.